Chocolate-chip cookies are my favorite! I use several different recipes for these scrumptious cookies — here’s one…
4 oz unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1-1/2 Cup flour
1/2 Cup plus 2 tbs sugar
1/2 Cup plus 2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
7 oz chocolate chips (a little over 1 Cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (Since I’m not Martha Stewart, I don’t have parchment paper; I just use aluminum foil misted very lightly with cooking spray.)
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt — set aside.
2. Cream butter until pale yellow — about 2 minutes.
3. Add sugars and vanilla — cream on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add egg and mix on low until just incorporated — about 30 seconds.
5. Add flour/baking soda/salt and mix on low until just mixed. Do not over mix.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Roll into 2 oz balls (about 2 inches in diameter) — my cookie sheet holds about 10 cookies staggered 3:2:3:2.
8. Bake for about 8 minutes, then take it out of the oven and slam it down on the counter until the cookies are cracked a bit and spread out a little (Note: Give fair warning to others in the room, so they don’t freak out). Bake for another 5 minutes or so, slam cookie sheet down on the countertop once again, and let cool.
The secret to slammin’ good cookies! 🙂 Enjoy!